An e-service on our web site is a service or resource made available on the Internet in order to improve the communication between citizens and businesses on the one hand and the European Union Agency for Railways on the other hand.
Three types of e-services are or will be offered by the European Union Agency for Railways:
- Information services that provide citizens, media, business, administrations and other decision makers with easy and effective access to information, thus increasing transparency and understanding of the policies and activities of the Agency;
- Interactive communication services that allow better contacts with citizens, business, civil society and public actors thus facilitating policy consultations, and feedback mechanisms, in order to contribute to the shaping of policies, the activities and the services of the European Union Agency for Railways;
- Transaction services that allow access to all basic forms of transactions with the European Union Agency for Railways, e.g. procurement, financial operations, recruitment, event enrolment, acquisition or purchase of documents etc.
- What information is collected, for what purpose and through which technical means the Agency collects personal information exclusively to the extent necessary to fulfil a specific purpose. The information will not be re-used for an incompatible purpose;
- To whom your information is disclosed. The Agency will only disclose information to third parties if that is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose(s) identified above and to the mentioned (categories of) recipients. The Agency will not divulge your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- How you can access your information, verify its accuracy and, if necessary, correct it. As a data subject you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on legitimate compelling grounds except when it is collected in order to comply with a legal obligation, or is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or is to be used for a purpose for which you have given your unambiguous consent;
- How long your data is kept. The Agency only keeps the data for the time necessary to fulfil the purpose of collection or further processing;
- What are the security measures taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorized access;
- Whom to contact if you have queries or complaints.
Many web pages on our site have a "Contact" button, which invites you to send your comments to a specific functional mailbox.
When you send such a message, your personal data is collected only to the extent necessary to reply. If the team of officers handling inflow to that mailbox is unable to answer your question, it will forward your e-mail to another unit within the Agency. You will be informed, via e-mail, about which unit your question has been forwarded to.
If you have any questions about the processing of your e-mail and related personal data, do not hesitate to include them in your message.
This website uses Piwik (http://www.piwik.org) an open source web analytics service. ERA has chosen to use Piwik without cookies to help to analyse the use of this site and to compile reports about website activity. No user personal data is collected. No information will be passed onto third parties.