What is the EVR?
The European Vehicle Register (EVR) is a web-based tool used by Keepers to submit applications for vehicle registration and by Registration Entities (REs) to manage the allocation of vehicle numbers and to record vehicle registrations and their updates.
As with the ECVVR, the EVR vehicle registration process is managed at national level.
The EVR allows:
- Vehicle Keepers and other stakeholders to request EVR accounts to Registration Entities;
- Vehicle Keepers to submit applications for vehicle registration and their updates to the RE of the relevant Member State (MS);
- REs to manage user accounts;
- Registration Entities to allocate vehicle numbers to vehicle applications submitted by Keepers;
- REs to approve or reject vehicle applications submitted by Keepers;
- Vehicle Keepers and other stakeholders to consult their vehicle data.
Please note that:
- There is no direct contact between Keepers and the Agency during the process of vehicle registration;
- Fees and charges for vehicle registration remain the competency of the relevant Member State.
- Each RE should publish, at the national level, its own guidelines describing the language policy, including communication provisions; and, if any, the lists of additional fields and supporting documents;
- To explain and facilitate the use of the EVR, the Agency already published user manual for REs.
EVR state of play
A first test release of the EVR was made available to the REs in December 2020. Since then 19 Member States had interactions with the system, 8 of them have simulated data migration or tested the connection of decentralised national systems.
The EVR is live in a production environment since the 29th November 2021 and available to the interested stakeholders at the address: https://evr.era.europa.eu.
The following Countries are now available in EVR:
The Agency will support the EVR users by mean of dedicated training sessions and workshops organised as from January 2022.
The REs will receive a dedicated communication on how to proceed with the next steps, including instructions on:
- Creation of user accounts
- Support to data migration
- Connections of vehicle registers of decentralised Member States.
Business continuity of the vehicle data
In parallel, there is a need to ensure the business continuity, including the availability of the consultation of vehicle registration data.
All vehicle registrations that were available for consultation through the ECVVR will be available for consultation in the EVR once data is migrated.
To ensure business continuity, the ECVVR will be available for regular use until the end of 2022 and beyond, as necessary.
This will allow:
- REs not yet ready to be centralised to continue registration and consultation of vehicle data via their respective national vehicle registers (NVR).
- REs and the Agency to ensure the full testing and validation of the EVR.
The Agency will publish on its website the list of Member States whose data are available in EVR and the list of Member States whose data are still available via ECVVR.
Access rights to ECVVR and EVR during the transition
The transition will start when the first Member State data will be available in EVR.
During the transition process, all current stakeholders having access to vehicle data should keep their current access rights in ECVVR until the ECVVR is decommissioned.
Independently of the status of their national data (EVR or ECVVR), each registration entity shall manage user access rights in both EVR and ECVVR (until the last MS will be using EVR and ECVVR decommissioned).
Access rights to EVR and ECVVR
Access rights to EVR are managed by each relevant Registration Entity. This is specified by Decision (EU) 2018/1614.
Therefore, we invite you to liaise directly with your relevant Registration Entity for any question regarding your user account. On the ERA Website, you may find a List of Registration Entities and their contact details.
To use EVR, each Stakeholder needs to have an allocated organisation code.
Organisation codes can be requested via the online tool available at Registers | ERA (europa.eu)