The revised TSI for the onboard and trackside subsystems of the rail system in the European Union was adopted by a Commission Decision 2012/88/EU on the 25th January 2012. It was published in the Official Journal of the European Union on the 23rd February 2012.
This TSI merged the former TSI for HS and CR introducing improvements mainly:
- separate on-board and track-side subsystems according to the amended annex 2 of the interoperability directive,
- improved description of the certification process in chapter 6,
- closing of a first set of important open points on compatibility of train detection systems in the Interfaces between CCS track-side and other subsystems,
- migration criteria for train detection systems,
- update of the Annex A to introduce better interface definition for the management of the cryptographic keys, improved colors and reflectivity definition for the track-side maker board, more consistent definition of the ETCS variables used in project parametrization and improved on-board test specifications.
This decision has been amended by the Commission Decision 2012/696/EU on the 6th November 2012 and by the Commission Decision (EU) 2015/14 on the 5th of January 2015. The amendments mainly consist in:
- extending the geographical scope to the whole EU railway network
- introducing the ETCS Baseline 3 specifications,
- amending the on-board test specifications for ETCS Baseline 2,
- introducing the GSM-R specifications EIRENE FRS 7.4.0 and EIRENE SRS 15.4.0.
- providing clarification for the certification process.
To facilitate the reading of the TSI CCS the following consolidated version is also made avalaible.